Thursday 10 February 2011

Camera Operator

Since I was the camera operator I decided to do some more detailed research on what a camera operator should do and whether I succeeded in that task.

"The operator is responsible for physically operating the camera and maintaining composition throughout a given scene or shot." 
File-Riot_PetionVille.jpgI personally think that I did this well and maintained a careful shot balance. I didn't think I shook the camera too much but this wouldn't have been an issue if we didn't forget the tripod (oh dear!). 




"Important camera operator skills include choreographing and framing shots, knowledge of and the ability to select appropriate photographic lenses, and other equipment (dolliescamera cranes, etc.) to portray dramatic scenes. The principles of dramatic story telling and film editing fundamentals are important skills as well. The camera operator is required to communicate clearly and concisely on film sets where time and budget constraints are ever present."
Looking at this description makes me realise how under-equipped we were - we had no camera cranes, dollies etc. but for what we were doing I think that it came out perfect. Well, nothing is perfect but it was to the best of our abilities. Looking at the last part of the quote, I personally think I communicated very well with my group and the actors (as you can tell on some of the out-takes I like to make myself heard..)   and this did prove successful as we managed to get everything done in good time. 




Source: http://en.wikipedia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment